Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Of Careful Observations

What is the Pakistani population’s favourite pastime? Sports? Gossip? Debates about Ninjas and Pirates?

No. Their favourite pastime is to over-analyse stuff and discover conspiracies. Conspiracies that have no logical proof.

A samosa is a triangle, OMG it’s the Illuminati trying to take over our freedom.

That car has 666 in it’s number-plate. It’s the devil’s doing. Lets burn it.

Now as with any political campaign, there will be mudslingers by the opposition. The following picture, started out as a joke apparently by some PTI supporter, but in 3 days, has morphed into something damaging.

970918_10151594224551462_413544822_n

Yeah. Let’s all over-analyse a simple hand-gesture and go bat-shit crazy that Imran Khan supports the Illuminati. Well, two can play at that game.

I recently saw a PPP sticker-poster-thingy for their campaign. Since I was without my phone or camera at that time, I never got a chance to take the picture. Nor did the PPP Peeps bother to put it up on the internet for me to find. So I’ll replicate it here.

I asked Furree Katt, who by the way is an excellent blogger, a pretty decent artist, a cat lover, and a fellow cat-food connoisseur. You should really check out her blog AFTER you’ve finished reading this post.

In case your technological ineptitude somehow manages to lead you to a random blog, cross-check the header with this picture. If different, click on this picture.

Furree's Blog

So anyways, I asked Furree to draw me a rendition of the sticker-poster-thingy. Now this is an exact, albeit cartoonish replica of the original sans text. 

Untitled5

Looks innocent enough. You are wrong. Observe.

Untitled-3

Look at Bilawal’s aggressive pose. The raised fist, the angry expression, the blood thirsty look in his beady bespectacled eyes.

Untitled-2

Look at Benazir’s happy face, her friendly demeanour, her victory pose.


 

Untitled5

Now look at all those things combined. Bilawal is angry, borderline violent. Benazir was winning. The arrow points at Benazir. The trajectory of the arrow is at her head. Substitute the arrow for a bullet, and what do you get?

Bilawal is responsible for Benazir’s murder. Not the incompetent Zardari.

Do I hear you say “Imo, it’s all bullshit. You can’t expect us to believe that”

Well, unlike you, I have a magical dust that turns bullshit into sound logical arguments. It’s called shut-your-face-and-keep-reading.

While I was scouring the interweb, look at what I found.

Bilawal Bhutto Zardari at the Women's World Awards 2009 in Vienna, Austria

Which looks a lot like this

college-ted-how-i-met-your-mother-1539810-1152-6421

Hence:

“Kids, this the story of…

HIKMM

This is merely satire. No need to get your zaarbans and elastics in a bunch.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

I love potatoes, conspiracy theories and evil pedochildren who kill their mothers. This post is everything I could ever need to entertain me. Great work. And FOE all day! Furree Over Everything!

Furree Katt said...

HAHAHAHA. This was absolutely hilarious. I need to share this post with all my conspiracy theory-enthusiast relatives & friends.
I loved the conclusion. The resemblance is eerie!

Something said...

@International-Mango
I'm glad you liked it. Loads more randomness like this somewhere in this blog. Try finding some when you're bored.

@Kitty-Kat
Thank you. But if this post becomes a Furree shrine, I will kill ... something (haven't decided what yet). Also, go ahead, share. The more people will know, the more educated they will be.

Roshni said...

Nuts, I tell ya!

Something said...

@Roshni (Sorry, can't think of a nickname)
It is Nuts. Nuts enough it might just be true.