Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Of Emergency Rooms and Ultrasounds

Yesterday, dearest dad of mine (note sarcasm here – it’s crucial to this post that you note the sarcasm) decided to get sick. Violently sick.

Now, any doctor can tell you that in this heat, and economic recession, it is best if one eats home cooked meals. Meals given by cart vendors are unhygienic to say the least. Food spoils before you can say “Faluda”

The funny thing is. My dad is a doctor himself.

So dad ate some weird kerelas and got ill. His entire digestive system got fucked up. Finally he couldn’t take it and asked Mum to drive him to the emergency room in PNS Shifa.

Now mum doesn’t like to drive alone at night, so naturally, I got dragged along.

We went in at 10pm. Blood tests, ECG and and a battery of other tests were conducted. Finally we had to take him to the other end of the hospital for an ultrasound. Since they gave him a strong painkiller, he was quite delirious. Hence, I got to push him around in a wheelchair.

Let me tell you. I hate it when people in wheelchairs randomly stick their arm out for no particular reason. If you want me to turn left, say so. Don’t stick your hand out in the air. Especially in doorframes.

So, the ultrasound department was down a slope. Me and mum were contemplating on letting the wheelchair go and let dad find his way down himself.

We controlled ourselves. Woke up the ultrasound attendant, and got his ultrasound taken.

Now, being a naturally curious person, I decided to check what the hell showed up on the monitors.

It was 1am, I was tired, and sleepy and hungry and headed towards nicotine withdrawal.

Suddenly, this popped up on the monitors. Right next to the liver was this dancing abomination. I have no idea what it was, but damn it was funny as hell. Apparently the doctor in charge felt that the dancing abomination was important so she took a picture of it.

And here’s the picture.

22052013331

If anyone has any idea what the hell this is, kindly let me know.

No comments :