Saturday, February 20, 2010

Of Prediction Cat

While the rest of you are total buffoons and follow horoscopes and Psychic applications on Facebook that deduce how your day is going to be based on the way your Fishville fish are swimming (Okay, horoscope following people aren’t buffoons. the latter are.) I have a living breathing psychic at home.

My cat’s like a super-charged Magic 8 Ball. We just started to exploit her abilities.

  • I asked her if I had a chance of getting into KIET (so that if I did I’d apply there.)
  • I asked whether I should go to KIET or SSUET.
  • My sister asked her if she would be the anchor for the mega event our school’s holding (the one for which I’m slaving away.)
  • Mum asked whether she and her sister will become friends (Not that she’s dying to be friends … family politics)
  • Mum asked if a relative of ours who recently eloped with some guy and just came back would be welcomed by the guy’s mother (since now she’s the mother of the heir)
  • I asked her if a friend of mine should respond to this chichora guy asking her out (even though the obvious answer is no)

And lo-behold.

  • She said yes, I applied for KIET and got in
  • She said yes, and I paid the fees.
  • She said no, and turns out that the event got delayed by a week and my sister has some fashion show at the exact same day in school.
  • She said Yes and in Feb (this we’ll have to wait and see. As it is, my other khala, who can’t stand siblings fighting is coming over to Karachi in Feb)
  • She said no, and yesterday Mum found out that the relative’s mother-in-law still hates her, and has disowned her son
  • She said no, even she knows he’s an ass.

So yeah.

I know most of you must think I’m insane – have you even read the blog? I am insane and proud of it. But the cat’s prophecies are true. Sure she can’t talk, but she can move, meow, and sit on things. Like a parrot, only a thousand times more accurate.

Today, the headmistress’s office is getting a total make-over. New paint, new chairs, new upholstery. The last time this happened, our old head, Ms Farah, was booted off to another section. I should go and ask Prediction Cat if our current head has job security or not.

BTW, TOMORROW'S SINGLES DAY! MAKE YOUR NEAREST COUPLE MISERABLE!!

5 comments :

Aly said...

Hell yeah i am so trying to break my best friend up with this bimbo chick..

any ways.. ask your cat regarding the unicorns!!!... (i.e. if you still don't believe me) *sniff sniff*

Something said...

Already did. Said yes. HA!

Ally said...

I am in Islamabad now-a-days.

Abbas Moiz said...

that be hard, the pair im thinking about, well one of em stalks u....

Something said...

@Ally
Isloo is so boring. Been there once for 3 days. Seemed like eternity. Come back to Karachi, We have a guest room here!

@Shinigami-Kun
Well tell the stalker that he/she can drop by anytime and say hello. Also, if that pair doesn't rub their couple-pana in your face, they're off the hook. The aim of S-Day is to make show-offy couples miserable.