Monday, August 24, 2009

Of "Yatta! Chance!"

So, it's common knowledge that I passed in my exams with nigh average grades. These grades as some people put it, could have been achieved by a "blind monkey writing with his tail" (their exact words)

Well excuse me. Firstly I was born in the year of the dragon and under the star of the lion. I am anything but a monkey. Secondly, my eyesight is a little weak, but I can totally manage to notice things your 20/20 vision fails to spot. Thirdly, unlike the blind monkey who passed on his baap ka paisa I worked my ass off in an institution that overworks it's employees and underpays them. I worked to pay for my own education.

I wish I could say all of that to you face to face. Then probably kick you in the shins, and run away. Problem is, if i did such a thing, not only would a huge family scandal arise with the whole khandaan ka mu kala and nani acting the drama queen.

Anyways. Not the point of this post. Well, I've been fretting about getting into a Uni, and reading this article just made my day.

Dawn News: Zero Students Passed from 45 institutions in Karachi.

Do you know what this means? If the result for FSC is that bad, me with my crappy grades still have a chance of getting somewhere.

So, this might just be awesome news. Party at my place (if there's no drama going on at the time) when I get admission.

13 comments :

Aly said...

So, you did intermediate. *High-five*. And definitely count me in for that party.

Something said...

A Levels. -_-

Most Welcome!

Aly said...

T_T...

Good luck with your applications.

Something said...

What is with the T_T. That's one emote I don't get.

Aly said...

Crying eyes.

Anonymous said...

That's not 'crying eyes'. It's sarcastic/cynical. T_T

Also, you kick butt. You don't have to worry about whoever says whatever.

Something said...

Ali-kun, I really should give you a more proper intro, ne?

Haan na, I was wondering. ;_; is crying eyes.

and Kasana-san, you're sweet.

Aly said...

no Kasana, its crying eyes trust me i am a former troll 'T_T'

closed eyes weeping beads of tears.

get it. GET IT.

Still Waters said...

Waow.
Your comments are as entertaining as your posts.
Also, I laughed so much at the nani acting the drama queen bit. :D
Do I get invited to the party too?
Will you make food for me? :D

Something said...

Ali... I prefer ;_; and so does Kasana-san. I suggest you get aboard the band wagon before we push you off the treehouse.

Waters, I could start my own reality show, but as soon as my folks would notice the cameras they'd be on their best behavior. And yes, I'll feed you all (instead of stuffing junk food down your throats like some people >.> )

Aly said...

Yes, sire.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a junk-food-lover! >_<

Also, T_T is for sarcasm. Be quiet, Ali. I am the queen.

Something said...

Yes Ali, be silent. Or her superiority complex will hunt you down and make you cry for mercy.