Sunday, August 23, 2009

Of a Pancake Like None Before.



So today I was to make something for Iftari, since mom's feeling a bit under the weather.

I made Okonomiyaki. This was my third attempt at making it.

Still, since you don't get actual stuff here to properly make it, I substituted like no tomorrow.

For those of you who don't know what okonomiyaki is, it's like an everything goes Japanese style pancake or pizza.

I made the base from chicken stock, flour, shredded cabbage, an egg, and some noodles. I topped it with a couple of sliced sausage, some yesterday's Thai chicken (which kinda sank to the bottom), mushrooms, spring onion, and regular onion. Served with a light touch of Tabasco.

Oishii!

Oh and the picture above, served two people. YAY!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

You just HAD to ruin her day, didn't you? What's wrong with making donburi? But nooooo, you just HAD to ruin her day.

No, no. Look at me. Stop making excuses.

Something said...

I went Zubaida Tariq and used leftovers since I'm not allowed to touch the rice.

Still Waters said...

I hate you.
I saw this at 3 in the morning and I swear I had my nose pressed against the screen and I was drooling.
NO, it had nothing to do with lack of sleep. I was hungry. :(

Something said...

Who told you to look at it at 3AM? Last time I checked you get Email Notifications whenever I post something.