Friday, March 13, 2009

Of Being Sucked Back Into a Black Hole

We're having a spring mela/Science Exhibition tomorrow, and I was asked to come in to help around with the arrangements and what not.

During the ride to the school, I got to know that one of the teachers in our section was in a crisis. Her younger brother had cancer for a while, well... things just got worse for him, and she can't really come to school and teach while the dude's stuck on a dialysis machine. My "Substitution-Sense" was tinging (its also known as the extra-workload-sense; every office bitch develops one eventually)

So, as soon as said teacher entered the office to clock in, every-single teacher who knew I was in school at the moment, went up to her and kept talking to her till she broke down, then they started repeating one of the following lines over and over again
1. "Don't worry Sameera-Behn*, Aamer is here, he'll take your classes for you"
2. "You can go to the hospital, Aamer will take your classes for you"

Don't get the wrong idea, (considering Ms. Sameera has help me out alot, so it's natural I give something back) I wanted to be the one to offer her my services, I didn't ask for no bleeding ad-campaign. And guess who was on the front-lines of said ad-campaign? My mum, doing everything short of pushing Sameera-behn out the front gate.

For those of you who don't know, both mum and I used to work in the same section teaching 5th and 6th graders. Mum's still there, I iz free!

Anyways, first period was free! So I sat in a corner, listened to some music and read up on the day's planned work. Then I irritated Bosco. Ah Peace.

Second period and every other that followed (up till the 6th and last) had kids asking me one stupid question. Just one!

"Sir Aamer! Sir Aamer! You came back from Japan?"

[Flashback] The last Buzz I ever made, I wrote a passage in the Editor's Note:
Look at the last line, its says "...save enough money to finally afford a trip to Japan" Not "I am going to Japan.. Bye Bye!"

These kids bhi na, they have ultra weak comprehension skills. And I pay for their stupidity, answering the same god damn question 300 times or so.

Now either I explain to them what I wrote and what they read, or I say "yes"

¬ Explanation: Makes the kid feel stupid (which is a satisfying notion) but makes me lose alot of energy in the long run and makes me really thirsty (no water in our section)

¬ Yes: Short, simple... but triggers the kid to ask more questions. "Why did you go?" "Why did you come back" and variations of them.

STUPID STUPID KIDS. Stupid Me for falling into such an obvious trap.

Oh and I got my settlement cheque today! I shall be rich in 6 working days! Kinda takes the whole excitement out of the cheque getting....

1 comment :

Still Waters said...

Also, it is "explanation". :D It is fun being a grammar Nazi.
Ooooo. I got Prousts as word verification.
Ossum-possum.