Thursday, July 31, 2008

Of Racism and Standardised Abbreviations

We promote racism! Yes we do! This happens everywhere. When I say racism, I don't mean "OMG! You is a Niggah!" type racism, but rather the segregation we face due to our sect, religion, colour, gender and profession.

Case in Point:This is a typical attendance register. Notice how they require to write down the number of Muslims, Urdu, Sindhi, Gujrati, Hindi, Arabic, Persian, Christian, English, and Achoot (or Untouchable)

This is how we promote tolerance. Yay for us!

On another note, today I went to Makro after school. Makro is the shopping mall made for shopkeepers. You need toothpaste? Only packs of 6 available. You need a shampoo? Packs of 6 available.

Anyways, I take pride on the fact that I am an educated individual. Which is probably why, even though I was hungry as hell, I felt revolted by the following signs in the food section:


Behold! An STD Chicken Pizza.

Why would anyone call it an STD Chicken Pizza? Did the Chicken have an STD? How did it get the STD? Was it consensual? All sorts of questions popped in my head! And I stayed hungry!

Argh!! The Attendance Register caught it from the Chicken Pizza!! WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!

1 comment :

GG said...

this post saddened me.
that attendance register really just depicts the end, doesn't it.

really really. >_<