Saturday, July 30, 2011

Of Being Older Than Ever Before.

So, on Thursday I turned 23. Yippee.

Usually I am not one to celebrate said day since it tends to suck. But as luck would have it, one promise and events in the year gone by have made me realize that I was being stupid.

Made a promise to a friend who, if keeps up her antics won’t be in my circle for very long.

And as for the events, I live in Karachi. So I know how scary it is. Almost all the buses I usually travel in, I’ve seen two versions of. The okay and the extra toasty version. Nearly been run over more times than I can count, and generally evaded death like a good Pakistani should.

All this evasion of death has made me realize that I should celebrate having successfully completed a year in our awesome country.

Now, the day. Thursday was okay. I was expecting promise friend to call at midnight because that’s been our thing for the longest while. Guy from university calls instead. A few random wishes. Still no promise friend call. or text. or IM. or Facebook. or Google+ or any sort of wish. This pisses me off.

As for the presents. I didn’t get anything except an ear shattering argument, my university friends milking out all my dough, and meeting Shani. I did get a cake in the mail from a friend I haven’t talked to in the longest while. Which is funny really. Best Friend totally ignores the day, random person I haven’t spoken to in 3 years sends me a cake.

Oh well. Lets see if I can stay alive till 24. 

No comments :