So what you see above is a Safety Razor. I dunno if you’re all familiar with it but it’s the ancestor to the modern 2/3/4/5 bladed razors. Although it’s primitive, it’s cheaper to use than the latest brand of Gillette Mach3 and Schick Quarto. You use razor blades that cost 5 bucks a piece. or 2 if you want the unknown Chinese brand.
So, I got sick and tired of the whole buy a disposable new razor every week, not to mention I sometimes forgot to dry my disposable properly and it got all rusty. Also, my electric shaver runs on AA Batteries which meant that I usually never got the chance to shave when it was important as there weren’t any batteries handy. Therefore, I decided to try my hand at using what my grandpa must have used when he started shaving. I went to the local Pathan Shop (the one who sees me as the bringer of light… the other one hates me and probably wants a transformer to fall on my head) and bought a Chinese knock-off called Huang Long and a half dozen blades.
Okay, lame attempt at humor aside, (hover over the picture if you’re stumped) this gives me quite a close shave. I only nicked myself 7 times yesterday and 5 this morning. Hey, I’m being affected by this recession too. I don’t have the money to buy 400/- cartridges. The logic behind such a drastic purchase was that if I managed to get accustomed to the Chinese brand, I’ll invest in a decent one when I visit some decent store next.
Oh and don’t worry, I’ve got my tetanus shots.
I will practice once again tonight. Hopefully, I’ll get the hang of it by the time I start Uni.
A side note to all the people kind enough to leave a comment. I know I’m not a regular blogger yet, but rest assured, I do reply to each and every comment before I post a new post. :)
2 comments :
Interesting O_O
I know. I am my own Guinea-Pig.
Post a Comment