Sunday, August 9, 2009

Of a New Series

Yesterday's trippy post was of xxxHolic.

For years I thought that it was some sort of hentai, so I stayed away from it. The a friend of mine introduced me to Suga Shikao, the guy who did the opening for xxxHolic. It's basically an awesome catchy song, about how this guy hates being 19. The video is a totally different story. The 19 year old psycho rapes his neighbour, takes photos while doing so, and then they meet in the elevator. . .

Yeah.

So, my boredom finally caught up to me and I decided to download the series. I am in love with the character design. It's so clean and sparkly. And, it's not hentai.

xxxHolic, is about various forms of addictions and stuff, hence the xxx is a place holder. It deals with supernatural stuff mostly. The male lead can see ghosts and though they have yet to seriously harm him, they do make his life miserable. He somehow lands in this shop where a witch grants your wishes for a price. In order to pay for his wish, he ends up working there. Thus he experiences a whole new world of the supernatural.

If you are an ani-taku like me, do give it a try. It's not heavy on action though, so be warned.

P.S.
ENDLESS EIGHT IS FINALLY OVER!!!!

3 comments :

Abbas Moiz said...

Do NOT READ! trust me! i am the shinigami here... brain rotting stuff..worse than Naruto even >.<

Something said...

Meh. Action-Whore!

Bet you don't even know what Endless Eight is.

And Naruto was and is good, the manga atleast. Anime was a disappointment to say the least.

Something said...

100 epis? 31 total, plus 1 movie, plus two OVAs. and as for the manga. I'm skipping till the part where the series ended. :D

If I can read 550+ issues of OP this is nothing