Friday, July 31, 2009

Of The Woes Of Being a Writer

I've been blogging for over a year now. YAY!

Sarcasm aside, I love putting my view forward. Even if it is for the sake of one person. Before I started blogging, I used to rant about the same things to my friends over the phone, like what I did during the day, or what I saw. (during those days I didn't have a camera so I had only the spoken word to portray my views)

Honestly, now that I think about it, those times were better. At least I used to get feedback.

I emailed Huma about my first day in university. She found it funny, and called me a freak for over-analyzing things.

I called Danish and told him about this theory I had regarding people liking watermelon waaayyy more than they should. He used my material and formulated his own theory about guavas. I got credit.

I complained to Zohaib how miserable and stalker-prone Orkut was, he pointed me towards Facebook.

Point is, at least I knew someone was listening. Someone, was being entertained by all my random non-sense. And I rant for your enjoyment.

Even with my school newsletter "BUZZ!" the kids would swarm me giving feedback, or asking questions.

For a writer (idiots who copy-paste song lyrics, poems, YouTube videos, and cryptic two-line bullshit aren't classified as writers), nothing is more important than feedback

SO WHY THE FUCKING HELL DO YOU GUYS FORGET TO COMMENT?

I mean, I write randomest of random shit. And nothing. God Forbid I get a little depressive or whiny and some idiot comments "me too... *sigh*"

Today, Amby told me that some guy called Azad, is planning on publishing an e-paper and would like me to contribute. It's kinda like BUZZ for older kids.

Kasam Khao. I didn't even know people read my nonsense. For all I know (and I got this theory after reading one of the Suzumiya Haruhi novels, where She creates this website to promote her club and over the course of a couple of days the hit counter reaches over 2000 views. Turns out, the president of the Computer Club, who holds a grudge against Haruhi, was the only one constantly reloading the page.) So for all I know, some guy, or gal with no better things to do is constantly reloading my blog page. And I can bet the guy, or gal is emo (which proves my theory that emo people comment on their own)

Amby has told me on occasion that when she's having a bad day she re-reads some of my older posts. Yet I have to beg her to leave a line of encouragement. In fact, almost all the comments you see that aren't on emo posts are there because I personally asked the readers to write them rather than IM me something retarded like "LOL".

And, before you all start pointing your stubby fingers back at me, let me make one thing clear. If I understand what you've written, I comment (complicated poetry or prose does not count as something I understand. Nor does 57 pictures of the same goddamn subject.) Heck, I even leave my thanks when Yibis releases a new episode of One Piece and I don't mind signing-in to my Google account to do so.

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Dude!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Crap! Manner, I keep confusing it with Harry Potter's

Abbas Moiz said...

Hey.....just to let U know Depresso writer dude .... I read ur blog, like it and think its ur fault u dont get comments..... if someone comments on thy blog u shud comment back dummy

Something said...

Errr, Shinigami-kun, you have a point. Kinda.

And You! Wazaap! Finally got yourself a DSL?

CrazyLady said...

...hi.


I feel like an intruder.

Something said...

...hello


I'll sound the alarms.

What's the Difference between a CrazyLady and Osheen Fatima? Pliss Tell.

The Paddle said...

LOL