Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Of Growing Older

So, I'm 21 now. I don't feel any different, or more mature for that matter. I still have the same stupid questions, and the same stupid "theoretical" answers to them. Physically, apart from a few grey hair and seriously baggy eyes, I don't look older.

Anyways, that aside. Do you know how annoying it is when people who barely talk to you throughout the year suddenly decide to wish you "Happy Birthday" just because Facebook, Orkut, or one of their mutual friends tells them it's your birthday? I mean, if you're blissfully unaware of what I am up to, there really is no need to wish me. I even turned off wall-posting for this very thing. Sadly, a friend commented on my two week old status and these people followed like lemmings.

Also, I don't get why people are so dense. Is it really that weird that I don't like my birthdays? So, I shut off my phone, or put it on call-restrict at 11:50 the day before, I don't want to meet anyone, I don't want to be online to receive those well wishes. . . I'm pretty sure there must be other people like me.

To the people who think I'm strange:
Do you honestly think I'd celebrate the one day that makes me feel more shittier than the entire year combined? That one day puts whatever I've done for the past year into perspective. And this year's perspective was the same as last year. I am still standing in the same spot in life as I was 4 years ago. Awesome.

Oh well, atleast the day's over. Now I'll go and watch Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu .... again!

No comments :