Sunday, January 18, 2009

Of People Who Stick Their Hands Down Your Mouth

No! This post isn't about little kids with a truck load of curiosity, compulsive food snatchers who don't mind slightly chewed food, or even a cult of bulimic people trying to initiate new members.

I am in fact talking about Dentists. The people who live to shove their gloved hands down a random strangers mouth and are paid handsomely to do so. You'd think they'd remember a patient's face after practically staring at it for an hour yesterday.

So, yesterday I went to the dentist for my final sitting for my root-canal. And, since this time around he skipped the anaesthesia till I begged him (mean old sod) I tried to distract myself from the increasing throb in my tooth.

Tactic 1: Tried to listen to the conversation happening around me.
Now this failed for a number of reasons. Firstly it's never a pleasant experience to hear your doctor talking about how the last patient bled on him for a couple of minutes. And since the place I go to is literally the "bargain basement" of Dentistry, (if you're cool with your mouth being used to teach a class, it's damn cheap..) I had around 3 people hovering over me. Then, instead of teaching them how to clean a cavity and fill it up, he started talking about his minor league cricket team the "something dolphins"
And secondly, you might hear things that freak you out. like "Jaldi sey Tissue pakrao!!" and "AHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH" coming from somewhere over the partition...

Tactic 2: Made paper cranes to pass the time.
Apparently, people find it strange that a piece of paper can be folded to form anything other than a folded piece of paper. So, I got the local anaesthesia. But, now, I was getting bored. I mean the guy was filling up an itty bitty tooth with these plastic rods and it took ages!
Now I can easily make a paper crane without even looking at the paper. And I have only one person to thank for this... the jaded floozy. Ah well, so there I was, lying on the chair with these plastic rods being fitted in my mouth and this gent comes up and wanted to know how much it cost for scaling and bleaching just his front teeth, and he sees me (mouth open, staring at the roof, five birds already on my stomach and the sixth one in my hand) and he winks... Urgh! I attract men now... (couldn't the guy just smile and take a bird and get lost?)

Anyways... Filling's done. No more dentist person except to get a crown which can be done any old time.

Why are you still reading this.. GO!!

2 comments :

Opinionated Jaahil said...

HAHAHAHA.
I KNOW THE JADED FLOOZY!

Something said...

Congrats! *Gives a Paper Crane*