Sunday, August 10, 2008

Of Not Judging a House by it's Design

.... But Judging it by the ornaments on/near its gate

I mean, sure.. we've all seen houses on the street that look like drunken master pieces. like when the architect was making the model, he took a block of polystyrene and hacked at it with a hot knife till it remotely looked like a space that people could inhabit, added a few windows and voila! A House!

But that's the architect's fault. However, one should not underestimate the average person's sense of decorum. We desi's have this natural talent of making a pretty decent place look absolutely hideous. We'll paint the house bright orange, or place weird ornaments on the gate, or try to give it a cultural look and fail miserably.

Just look at this. Now imagine the owner to be a heavy set phelwan. I mean he's got the whole scary-I'm-gonna-kill-you vibe going. Give him 5-8 years and he'll be old and balding, walking with a walking stick and perpetually stooped. Now that's not so scary. Truth is I haven't seen the owner. So, I cannot make an assumption as to what he looks like. For all we know he could be one of those comb-over weedy looking types that wear their trousers/shalwars up to their necks

On to the second picture. Now that's just wrong. It's supposed to be a Lion, but sadly the artist didn't know what a lion looked like so he took the picture of a starved bear and gave it a mane.

Sheesh! I know you all have your own taste in art, but please, for the love of all that is holy (and your kids reputation) think before you start throwing all this junk around the house calling it "decoration"

I mean, if I was to ever marry, and have kids I would certainly try and keep my house nondescript. I don't want my kids to suffer because Daddy thought it would be cool to put a cage of monkeys by the front gate, so that whenever some visitor shows up they are immediately showered with primate-poop.

Now all that is left is to have kids, for which I'll need a house and a wife. For which I'll need someone who's equally insane as I and a lot of money. For money, send it in gift cards to My P.O. Box (which will be stated later) for Matrimonials, add me on Shaadi.com. my alias is Danger-Aaloo.

Damn... I am so pathetic!! Hahaha


[In a Squeaky Voice]
Lonely I'm so lonely,
I have nobody,
To call my owwnnn
I'm so lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely
I have nobody,
To call my owwnnn
I'm so lonely,

Yo this one here goes out to all my playas out...oh fuck it!
*Shoots Self*

6 comments :

mangosteen said...

Referring to your second picture:

You do realize that people in Pakistan aren't well educated when it comes to art. In fact most of them aren't educated at all. I mean does primary school's 'mandatory' art class really count? They just either look at magazines (obviously failing to realize the context, but that's understandable) or try to immortalize traditional symbols of our culture that have been passed down from generation to generation and hence incorporate that into their present lifestyle.

And yeah the lion kinda looks lame but hey you can't blame them either. Money doesn't by taste. It really doesn't. Everyone is different. To each his own i guess.

At least you'll be more i don't know more 'considerate' to your kids and your surrounding. Tons of luck.

Anonymous said...

Baka you know my urdu teacher is on shaadidaatcaam you can marry her. :D

Something said...

Thanks Natasha,

and Maddy, NO THANK YOU! I'd like a mentally stable well behaved girl, please. Possibly around my age. Looks don't matter, as long as she's easy on the eyes.

Unknown said...

aamer too bad u want a "she" or else i would've recommended mr.mansoor mithaiwala, who btw is also on shaadidotcom

Something said...

I can always point you towards my Ex. She happens to be "looking for a guy to marry"

I wouldn't be surprised if she had a shaadidotcom account.

Anonymous said...

hahahahah :p