I mean, we don't deserve such an independence where when on the 61st Birthday, you pick up your newspaper and the headlines gracing it are:
- Bomber draws blood on Independence Day eve
- Explosions near Wana kill 12 militants; missile attack suspected
- Villagers kill six militants
- Musharraf calls for end to confrontation
- Sindh PA seeks impeachment
- Authorities sitting tight as bloodshed continues
- Dozens injured in Kashmir protests
- Militants stop people from leaving Bajaur
- Hostage doctor killed with eight captors
- Six killed, 19 injured in Balochistan attacks
I mean, where is the Cheerful Caption Emblazoned on the front page of each and every newspaper wishing Pakistan a happy and bright future? I am sure, that supplement that was stuffed inside somewhere in the stack of newspapers was read by a lot of people, considering the quality of the material used. Who knows, people might not have even looked at it.
So I do agree with everyone who says that Patriotism Doesn't Pay. I mean, our country has been going down-hill for quite a while. Whether it's the shady politics or the fact that we are so friendly, we've even given the Taliban access to our country, and now they plan on taking over Karachi!! We've kicked off the only person who, when came to power, made sure the crime rate decreased (although he did get soft over the years)
Yes, Happy Independence Day! I am sure we are all Proud Pakistanis
If Pakistan was a person. I am sure he/she/it would share my dislike for his/her/it's birthday as much as me, if not more.
I mean, where is the Cheerful Caption Emblazoned on the front page of each and every newspaper wishing Pakistan a happy and bright future? I am sure, that supplement that was stuffed inside somewhere in the stack of newspapers was read by a lot of people, considering the quality of the material used. Who knows, people might not have even looked at it.
So I do agree with everyone who says that Patriotism Doesn't Pay. I mean, our country has been going down-hill for quite a while. Whether it's the shady politics or the fact that we are so friendly, we've even given the Taliban access to our country, and now they plan on taking over Karachi!! We've kicked off the only person who, when came to power, made sure the crime rate decreased (although he did get soft over the years)
I mean, where is the Cheerful Caption Emblazoned on the front page of each and every newspaper wishing Pakistan a happy and bright future? I am sure, that supplement that was stuffed inside somewhere in the stack of newspapers was read by a lot of people, considering the quality of the material used. Who knows, people might not have even looked at it.
So I do agree with everyone who says that Patriotism Doesn't Pay. I mean, our country has been going down-hill for quite a while. Whether it's the shady politics or the fact that we are so friendly, we've even given the Taliban access to our country, and now they plan on taking over Karachi!! We've kicked off the only person who, when came to power, made sure the crime rate decreased (although he did get soft over the years)
1 comment :
well i guess some people including me are not proud pakistanis( though we don't like to admit it).
i mean if we were proud, patriotic jerks we wouldn't be wanting to go to japan or USA or Dubai!!!!
happy independence day or should i say happy taliban-take-over day???
Post a Comment