Friday, June 6, 2008

Of Obesity by Willingness

The other day, I was buying my Gran's monthly supplies of meds and stuff (Yeah.. ain't I such a sweet heart?)

Anyways, next to the meds was a shelf dedicated to health products and stuff. And this caught my eye.

We proudly present to you: "Mega Man Junior: Body Building Formula for your Munna"

Man. The Americans are worried that their kids are growing obese and we are making products that make our kids obese. Yaar, shove a McDonalds down their throat every day. Just look at the box. That fat kid punched his way through the box just to be on the cover! And though you can barely make them out, the kid has BOOBIES. And I am really sorry, makers of "Mega Man Junior" but that kid doesn't hold any semblance to a muscular figure, ITS FAT. LARD. BLUBBER. I can show you 10 kids who are like that without touching your product.

And honestly, do we really need 'pehlwan' kids? Wont they just turn into bullies? Or big blubbery kids with a soft center who get picked on by everyone. As Nadia's Driver said to me once, "Beta, Jaan banani hai tau do roti khao, rozana." Feed the kid two rotis and not fast food if you want him to get strong. Or, throw things at him so he gets good at dodging blows. I happen to be a sucessful dodger, thanks to Oji-san.

And sorry for the picture quality. It's hard taking covert pics with a cellphone.

No comments :