Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Of This Blog's Mission Statement

You know, this blog lacks a mission statement. There is no clearly defined purpose for this blog.

Strangely enough, this blog started off like pretty much any other angst-y blog from the subcontinent.

First, I needed a place to vent out about the people who screwed with my life, since I was unable to do so in reality. So made this account to unload my spite.

Got bored. It's not like I felt that I was writing for empty space. As a rule, emos are drawn to sorrow. So naturally, I'd have gotten my message across to someone. It's that whining didn't really appeal that much. True I despise them to this day, but other than the scathing comment then and now there really was no point telling people I was hurt by these. I, according to me, would just be giving them the satisfaction of messing with me

Now we come to the real deal. One fine day, I was browsing through some geek-blogs (you know, comics, tech, etc) and Amby told me my ex had a blog. Curious, I opened it.

- Had I not done this, I wouldn't be blogging right now -

Oh God! My Eyes! Emo Blog. whining, bitching, crying, fighting with best friends. And it was black. I checked out her commenter's blogs. More Emo Blogs. I did a localised search for blogs. Countless Emo Blogs.

Well, I decided that, I'll be different. I erased all my old posts, revamped the look, and wrote about stuff that amused me. Or bothered me. Or stuff I questioned.

This blog's purpose is to bring my readers something different. I know I may go emo once a while, I apologise for that. But other than that, it's generally mindless (or maybe not) cynicism, rants about stuff you all experience at one point or another.

So. Go on down to an obsessive blog about a chronically depressed teenager, cry a few fake tears, and return to read something vaguely interesting. Can't find anything of interest, Go to the blog-roll on the right and click on any (or all) of the links.

Were you hoping this would be an emo blog about someone crying "Why Me??"
Then you should have stayed at the emo blog.

Cheers and Happy Reading

No comments :